Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (LTC #124)

Paint Chip Inspired Swap 


龙'血 Dragon's Blood (LTC #124)


     I used this carve for the Paint Chip Inspired swap. I had carved this image simply to see if I could. The moment I saw it I fell in love. I tried a number of times to make it into a card but never could quite find something I liked. Then my lovely friend The Dye Sue listed the paint chip inspired swap. So I went to Home Depot and Lowe's to peruse names. Low and behold there was a paint chip called Dargon's Blood by Bejamin Moore & Co. I immediately knew I would attempt to make this card again! After many hours and lots of advice I managed to put a card together that I truly love. I used the red paint chip as a layer on the card and sprayed it with a fine glittery mist before I painted over the entire thing with mod podge. Before I carved the Chinese characters for Dragon's Blood I had a huge void in the upper left corner. I had originally ordered a wax stamp press to add a wax dragon to the card. Once it arrived it looked truly terrible when I added it. However after spending money on something like that solely for use on a card I had to find a way to use it. Voila, the card gets delivered in a wax sealed bag! I LOVE this card. It came together better than I imagined after only half a million failures!

No comments:

Post a Comment