Monday, December 1, 2014

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....(LTC #132)

The Art of Christmas Swap

First Snow (LTC #132)


The Card:
I LOVE Christmas. I've always wanted to make a card, but I'm always way to busy in December. I broke down and joined this swap though so I decided to do something elegant and simple. I thought of some of my favorite things about Christmas and I have to admit I really delight in the first snow. I love the slightly chilly air, the crisp clean smell and the way the flakes look as they fall. It's my favorite time to take a stroll and then come back to a cup of hot chocolate. So that was my theme....the delightful pleasure of the first snowfall at Christmas.

Making The Card:
I stamped the image on cardboard card stock and layered white tissue paper at the bottom to create the snow. I layered on red and light brown christmas paper and then used pearl accents to create the illusion of snow falling. I stuck with two colors for the card so that the color wouldn't distract from the snow. I colored her winter coat, hat, mittens and tights in holly red and then accented the jacket with a white paint marker. This is definitely a bit different from my normal style. I kept it simple to give it that old fashioned feel!

                                                                      White Christmas


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for the explanation as I am new to LTCs. Looking forward to this new art

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thanks for the explanation as I am new to LTCs. Looking forward to this new art

    ReplyDelete