Sunday, November 30, 2014

Celestial Wings....(LTC #127)

Faeries Swap

LTC # 127 Ethereal

"She explained that sometimes the part of us with wings battles with our earthbound selves.."

~Monique Duval

Adjective:
(comparative more ethereal, superlative most ethereal)
1.Pertaining to the hypothetical upper, purer air, or to the higher regions beyond the earth or beyond the atmosphere; celestial; otherworldly; as, ethereal space; ethereal regions.
2.Consisting of ether; hence, exceedingly light or airy; tenuous; spiritlike; characterized by extreme delicacy, as form, manner, thought, etc.
3.Delicate, light and airy.

Origin
From Latin aetherius (“of or pertaining to the ether, the sky, or the air or upper air; ethereal”), from Ancient Greek αἰθέριος (aitherios, “of or pertaining to the upper air; ethereal”).  

I carved this Faerie approximately 4 years ago. I originally carved it for an Earth Day swap but never did get to finish it. When this swap popped up I decided it was time to dust her off and see what I could do with her. I did quite a few prototypes and never managed to make one I loved. This one was as close as I could get to giving it an ethereal and cosmic feel. I wanted to create a nebular and celestial feel around her. I used Dyan Reavely sprays, Distress Inks, Copic Markers and Glossy Accents in the creation.

I also carved the quote  listed above and used it in the creation of this card. I was unable to fit it in a legible way on the front so I stamped it all around the faerie. I love quotes by Monique Duvall and previously used one for my card She. This was another in a long list of her words that I love, I used it as inspiration for the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment