Sunday, November 30, 2014

Unconditionally....(LTC #128)

White, No White Layered Paper Swap

Fire & Ice (LTC # 128)

Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

The Card:
Believe it or not I am one of the few people on the planet that has not seen Frozen. My son told me that his cousins tortured him to within an inch of his sanity watching it over and over again so I have not extended that torture by putting it on my television as of yet. However I absolutely loved this image when I saw it and I knew enough of the storyline and themes to know I wanted to try this card. Unconditional love is a topic you can never go wrong with....

Making the Card:
This was a fabulous challenge swap listed by Sharkboy and Lava Girl. The only rules were that you had to start off with white paper and have no white left in the end. I always do layers so for the back layer I covered white card stock in black Distress Ink. The top layer I first covered in alcohol inks and then stamped my image in archival ink. From there I painted in the image with distress stains, chalks, and oil pastels. I sealed the coloring with a spray fixative and then lathered the card in gLossy mod. All in all I am pleased with the outcome of the card with the minor exception that I could not get her hair to hold the white. I tried a number of techniques to no avail. So I remind myself that art is subjective and does not have to be perfect and slipped Anna and Elsa into sleeves.l in all I like the outcome of the card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment