Sunday, November 30, 2014

There are strange things done in the midnight sun....(LTC #129)

Oh Captain, My Captain Swap

Sam McGee (LTC #129)

The Card:
Growing up in Alaska there are some books all kids read in school as a right of passage. The authors Jack London and Robert Service are a given.
I had to memorize "The Cremation Of Sam McGee" in sixth grade. Reading it now it seems quite morbid for grade school, but we all loved it just the same.

Making The Card:
 I've wanted to make a card for this poem for a very long time but have never found an image that fit it perfectly enough. I originally carved this image for Just The Stamp swap but after finishing it I just really felt it needed a backing and then it seemed like it would make a good burnt card. After playing around with fire for a bit I was reminded of this poem. I added the poem to one card just for fun and then decided I finally had my Sam McGee. Thank you Lava Girl for adding a swap for me upon seeing my card! 

The Poem:

I was going to post the poem here but when looking for it I found a link to You Tube with the one and only Man In Black Johnny Cash reading it... 


Alaskan Midnight Sun


No comments:

Post a Comment