Sunday, August 17, 2014

1000 Arms of Pop Art, Aprhrodites Anger, Dahlias, Fairies and a little Blood. (LTC's 58-68 )

Enlightenment Swap (Boddhisattva Kuan Yin)

Enlightenment Swap (Made to add some Humor)


1000 Arms Of Compassion & The Kitchen Goddess (#'s 58-59)

Made for the Enlightenment Swap. 1000 Arms Of Compassion is an oversized LTC that I carved in honor of a buddhist tale about a Boddhisattva named Kuan Yin. It's a fabulous story, if you're interested it's posted under the clue for the card. I did an extra card for the swap because I had seen the image and had some awesome paper for it. Couldn't help myself.

Legends of Ancient Greece Swap

Aphrodite's Anger (LTC #61)

I absolutely loved this image and I was really happy with the way the card turned out. As an added bonus I got to donate the carve to be planted in honor of a fellow Colorado boxer named PreBoxed. Those of you that knew her know that she loved to be sneaky and make people think about her clues. She had her trademark snort* and often referred to herself as h.e.r. So after I left Colorado Thai Chi and Chai Tea asked if they could plant this stamp and entitle it H.E.R.a. It was a perfect tribute and I was honored to be able to help people remember such a well known boxer.

A Letterboxer's Bouquet Swap

The Secret Garden~Dahlias (LTC #62) Carved by~ Ravenwolf

This was a swap with seeds for our gardens. I had just received a postal from my dear friend Ravenwolf so although I have a black thumb I quickly joined just for the honor to use this stamp. I had a ton of fun with color on this card. And no...my garden did not flourish. :(

The Art Of Warhol Swap Andy Warhol~ Bananas LTC #60
The Back of Andy Warhol~Bananas


The Art of Lichtenstein Swap~ Happy Tears (LTC # 64)
The Art of Lichtenstein Swap ~The Kiss V (LTC #63)


The Art Of Lichtenstein Swap ~Girl With Tear III (LTC # 35)

Pop Art Swaps: Warhol & Lichtenstein (LTC's 35, 63 & 64)

I carved one of these early on and then had some extra time so they were listed out of order but sent as a set. I love Pop Art and I absolutely adored doing these carves and the cards. Girl With Tear III may be one of my all time favorite cards. The Image and card came out exactly as I had envisioned which is rare. I even use some diamond glaze to give the tear a 3D effect. I wish all cards and swaps turned out this well. The array of cards made from the people in these two swaps was spectacular as well!

The Art of Molly Harrison Swap
~Josephine (LTC #40)

The Art Of Molly Harrison Swap #2
~Isabella (LTC #65)

The Art Of Molly Harrison 1~2 Josephine & Isabella (LTC's 

40& 65)

I hosted a swap for the art of Molly Harrison and it filled up so quickly I had to do a second. Instead of using the same image for each I decided I would do two different cards. I truly enjoyed coloring these two cards..even though it left me feeling as if I had carpal tunnel.

Intoxicating Ink: poetry Swap

Because I Could Not Stop for Death (LTC #66)

Made for a petry swap and inspired by the poem by Emily Dickinson. I used a crackle paint over the top of this card that left it with exactly the creepy yet elegant feel that I was going for. To top it off I got to plant this at a beautiful little church up in the mountains in the middle of nowhere. I planted it on a foggy day on a cliff by the side of the church and it was so eerie I almost expected to see the carriage of death come around the corner on my way out.

WPA Posters: Art By The People Swap

WPA Posters: Simplicity (LTC # 67) April 2010

I started off planning this to be a layered card but ran out of time. Thats the only thing I would change. I loved the simplistic image and message. This was another swap that cultivated in some truly impressive cards from people. Might be time for another one of these swaps. I love carving posters. They are always perfect for a little splash of color.

Twilight Swap

Jasper's Story (LTC #68)

I made this card from a pice of art submitted to be considered for the Twilight Graphic art Novel. I had tons of fun mixing up fake blood and splattering it everywhere. The card may be somewhat gruesome but I think that it captured "Jasper's Story" quite well. If you live on another planet and haven't read the Twilight series you can find the story of Jasper's entry into the world of the undead under the clue on the page for this card.

This is the last LTC I made for three years. My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and my father with cancer. So I began the long journey back home from Wyoming to Alaska after 16 years. It was quite the transition filled with more than a few obstacles. Not a single day went by that I din't miss the hobby. I continued to carve during my hiatus but didn't make another card until one day out of the blue in 2013. I like to believe I came back stronger and better.


                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment