Sunday, August 17, 2014

Wally Gator, Fairy, Some Peace, Love and Snoopy. Coraline plays with Strings while Chief Joseph Dances n Key Largo (LTC's 8-18)

Wally Gator (LTC # 8) June 2009

Made for the Tune in and Toon Out Event. This one is near and dear to my heart. I wasn't sure what I wanted to carve but after spending sometime talking to my dear friend Zess The Treehuggers I settled on Wally Gator for both of my children. My sons nickname is Alligator and my daughters name was Hannah. Hanna Barbera produced Wally Gator. It's a simple card but I had a fun time trying to figure out exactly how I was going to manage to glue the sand on!

 Urban Fairy (Ltc #9) 

Writing this blog is definitely a lesson for me. It's amazing how much I dislike my old cards. It's fun to see the progression I've made but some of these look truly terrible to me. (I am incredibly hard on myself).

 Peace Crane (Ltc #10)

Made for an origami swap and in honor of The Hiroshima Peace Memorial. I chose to do the crane because I have always loved the story of "Sadako and The thousand Cranes". This card was beyond fun solely because it was something new for me. This card really had nothing to do with the carve so it was a nice break out of the box.

 Nectar Of Love (LTC #11)

Made for "A Midnight Summer's dream swap".
"And Puck dropped nectar from the flower of love into the mortals eyes"....
At the time I was very proud of this card. I loved the carve. Now it looked sloppy and unfinished to me. But it's where I really started to experiment with color. Something I've become known for. Doing LTC's has been such a learning experience for me.

 Snoopy Wishes (LTC #12)

For a simple Happy Birthday Swap. The fun thing about thus card was the cake in a cup recipe I posted to the back of the card. Yum! 
Recipe:
4 T flour
4 T Sugar
2 Tb cocoa
1 Egg
3 TB milk
3 TB oil
1 dash vanilla
1 dash salt
1 dash baking powder
Put all of the ingredient in a large mug and mix well. Microwave for 3 minutes. It will rise and then fall when you pull it out. Top with chocolate syrup.

 Coraline: The Other Mother (LTC #13)

I absolutely loved using buttons for her eyes. It was the entire reason I did this card. If you ever drive thru Nebraska...you can find this lovely lady.

 Strings (LTC #14) Art by Audrey Kawasaki

Loved loved loved this swap. Her art is fantastic. I had a ton of fun coloring this card with oil pastels. I had pastel all over my house by the time I was done and learned that you really need a setting spray for this. The other awesome thing about this series is that many if the people involved sent me their stamps and I like to plant them at Opera Houses....shhh....my favorite is somewhere in Colorado!


 Chief Joseph (LTC # 15) January 2010

I made this carve into a card solely so that I could use a feather. Now it's permanently a whispering giant....
Part of one of his speeches:

""Tell General Howard that I know his heart. What he told me before I have in my heart. I am tired of fighting. Our chiefs are killed. Looking Glass is dead, Tu-hul-hil-sote is dead. the old men are all dead. It is the young men who now say yes or no. He who led the young men [Joseph's brother Alikut] is dead. It is cold and we have no blankets. The little children are freezing to death. My people -- some of them have run away to the hills and have no blankets and no food. No one knows where they are -- perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me, my chiefs, my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more forever."

     I loved this carve because Chief Joseph was a very inspiring man. I include information on the cards in most of my clues. I try to be as entertaining as possible. If you've never checked out my clues on my cards I would love it if you would start.

 Degas Dancer (LTC # 17)

Once in awhile I make a special LTC for someone and I rarely make myself a copy. So when you see a jump in numbers thats typically the reason. I also make LTC signature cards when I carve a signature stamp for someone.

Degas is my favorite painter, I love the way he used oranges and blues...so this was my attempt at impressionism and my second real attempt at playing with colors and blending.

 Cinema Legends: Key Largo (LTC # 18) 

The Red Cat also carved this image. If you've never seen her work you need to beg. She is one of the all time greats...just like Bogey and Bacall.

No comments:

Post a Comment