Saturday, August 16, 2014

Where it all began...my first LTC

Effies Wings~ (LTC #1)

      This was the first LTC I ever designed. It was my 3rd carve ever and the first attempt at putting something together that people might want to keep. I used three different papers, 2 types of embellishments and embossed the image. This was also the first time i had ever embossed anything. Previous to the making of this card I had no idea what people were talking about when it came to embossing. I had dabbled in sculpting and collage but had no idea what an embossing gun was. Needless to say this was what I traded with people. Upon getting a card from Mama Wolf and Dixie...I was hooked. I have now made 122 cards. My carving has drastically improved but just like my first card I still tend to be very critical of everything I produce.

The Story:       

     I also tend to have stories attached to my cards. Effie was my great grandmother and she made every stitch of clothing she ever wore. She was an amazing lady. It seemed fitting to not only do something in her honor as one of my first carves but also as my very first card.

No comments:

Post a Comment